Monday, June 22, 2009

Leavin' on a jet plane

Tomorrow I leave for St. Paul, MN to attend the NACFLM conference.  I've never been given the opportunity to travel in this job, mostly because I've been pregnant a significant portion of the time I've worked here.  I'm especially thrilled for this opportunity because of an NFP pre-conference all-day workshop I'll be attending, along with a number of keynote speakers that will be speaking (particularly Christopher West!).  Not only is this my first time to travel for my job, its also my first time to leave the state since I became pregnant with my oldest kiddo.  

Needless to say, I'm a little nervous.

Leaving my kiddos  w/my husband is not the scary part.  Leaving my kiddos is the scary part.  I haven't been away from them for more than 2 nights in their entire lives.  I know it will be great.  I know that absence makes the heart grow fonder.  I know that my plane won't crash...  but I can't help but be nervous about all of that.  

I booked into my trip nearly a full day with nothing to do, several stops are planned (including here and here).  We get to attend mass at the beautiful Cathedral one evening.  I know it will be great.  But... pray for me while I'm gone?  And... pray for my family while you're at it?

No comments:

Post a Comment