Tuesday, June 22, 2010

uneasy

Embracing the things that mkae us feel uneasy... that is waht is on my mind these days...

like accepting the chaotic state of my house, doing what I CAN about it, and letting the rest go... even on days when my dad & stepmom are coming over for dinner. My house is not perfect, far from it, but it is filled with LOVE and that is what is most important.

knowing that change is coming... I'm on a job search. This one is not cutting it for us. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my job. But I do not love my paycheck and I do not love how chaotic our family life becomes during summer when mom is the only one not home all of the time. Not to mention that we have a car payment and an extra kiddo in daycare in the fall. Not to mention that it has been my life's dream to be a teacher and the time has come for me to buckle down and do something to make that happen.

issues... husband and I are trying to work through a lot of STUFF right now. Nothing earth shattering... budgeting, bill paying, debt, family issues.

planning... our parents are all in their 50s. We're starting to put a little bit of thought into making sure that our parents are taken care of when they get older and can't take care of themselves. Not to mention... don't tell anyone... but we haven't done our will... we NEED to take care of that. So many hard decisions to make there.

facing my own weaknesses... I need more discipline in my life. and exercise. and organization. and discipline. and prayer. and did I mention discipline?

1 comment:

  1. I just happened upon your blog this morning and had to comment - especially about the first thing. The state of your house. Yes, I so get that.

    I feel like I'm in a constant state of decluttering and even though a do a large scale declutter every year it gets back to the same point and I just don't get it.

    And I feel like I'm trying, I really do.

    So. Basically, sigh :)

    But what you said about not being perfect, yes. I don't look at it with a magnifying glass if people are coming over. I might vacuum, but I don't give myself a migraine.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete