Monday, December 15, 2008

the reason for the season

this is one of those 'out of the mouths of babes' things, only its a nice little arrangement prepared by my 3 year old...

Explanation: on our entryway table, in the middle of our Advent wreath, sits a small antique nativity set. the baby Jesus doesn't make his appearance in the manger until Christmas day, and I think my daughter has taken notice that he is 'missing'. So, she did what all good preschoolers do- improvise. She found this little white heart-shaped rock to sit in the manger when she plays with the 'mommy and daddy' figurines. So sweet... here we wait for Love to be born.

2 comments:

  1. the shoes are "mudd" but i got them in the little girl section cause i have freakishly small feet. well not that small but a size 5 1/2 to 6...and in girl land that means i can buy size 4 (that's the equivilant to a size 6) thank you btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment today--that really made my day! I paint for myself (artists are just plain selfish that way), but it is so nice to hear that others appreciate it. So thank you for sharing that with me.

    As far as my inspiration--domesticity, beauty, rawness, industry, history, fashion, fantasy, conflict, and perfection. My work usually revolves around women and femininity.

    I have so new ideas that I am dying to explore. Can't wait!

    This photo of the heart in the nativity is precious. I love that you wait to put Jesus out until Christmas. The anticipation!

    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete