Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

I have a very special man in my life. I could write about a lot of things, but since I'm writing about Father's day, I'll talk about the ways that he is an amazing dad...


Husband has oldest daughter wrapped around his little finger and he in turn is wrapped around hers. She lights up so completely when she's with him. Ever since the early days of fatherhood, he has loved being a dad, loved spending time with our girls, loved doing every day things with them. He has funny voices to distract them when they're grumpy, he knows all the tickle spots, he bravely holds both of them during church even though his chiropractor told him he needs to take it easy on his back. One of the reasons he is leaving a job that he loves is to be able to be home more to spend with me and the girls. So, I give you my sweet husband in all of his fatherly glory...




aren't you digging the v-neck undershirt on Easter morning?


with oldest daughter, look at his smile, can't you tell he loves being a dad?


and she always wants to sit in his lap when she eats


see how she has always delighted in him?





and they love to take naps together



and youngest daughter loves him too, even if she's not sure what to think of this rattle early on Easter morning

see how he looks at youngest daughter... with such adoration (and feeling a little sleep deprived!)










2 comments:

  1. Awwww...those pictures are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! :o)

    To answer your question about my garbage... (how funny!)No, so far it's not stinky under my cabinets! I worried about that myself, but one of my sisters told me her garbage can has been under her sink for 20 years and she hasn't had an issue. So...I went for it. lol I take my garbage out frequently and I don't throw out things that could stink until trash day. I literally have a bag of chicken fat, etc in my freezer staying stink free until garbage day! Sounds gross, but it is so much more pleasant.

    ReplyDelete