Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Quirks

I'm getting this tag from Life With Lulu. (Hope I did that link thingy right)List Six quirks....
1. I have a real need for toilet paper to be installed 'over' style, not 'under' style. My husband doesn't know about this, but I frequently change it if he does it wrong.
2. The floor of the backseat of our jeep currently has AT LEAST 6 pairs of my oldest daughter's shoes on the floor. For some reason she likes to take her shoes off in the car (ok, maybe that's her quirk, not mine. But I don't usually take them all inside until she's out of shoes... come to think of it, I take my shoes off when I get home and I just picked up a pile of at least 5 pairs from behind the recliner in the living room)
3. I LOVE the idea of my house being super cute but haven't been able to figure out a great layout for our living room furniture. Maybe I'll post the floor plan and the furniture I have to work with (don't laugh if I do) to get some advice on that.
4. I once had a crush on the boy who sat next to me in computer class my freshman year of high school. As a way of flirting with him we would race each other on typing tests. To get better during the day I would practice typing by pretending to type out conversations with my friends. I still do this sometimes.
5. I consider myself to be a 'jack of all trades'... I'm not really an expert at anything but I know a little bit about a lot of things.
6. Growing up, my mom was a hairstylist and had to work on Saturdays so my sister and I would stay home with my dad who loved watching the home repair shows on PBS (This Old House, The New Yankee Workshop, Home Time etc. what was the one with the guy who would demonstrate how to use old-timey tools?). To this day a great Saturday would include watching Norm.

I'm breaking the rules because I am new to this bloggy thing and don't really 'know' other bloggers (yet)... so if you get this from me, leave me a comment or something and then maybe I will make some bloggy friends!

Rules of play: a. Link the person who tagged you.b. Mention the rules in your blog post.c. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.d. Tag 6 bloggers by linking to them.e. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they have been tagged.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this tag. I did it a few weeks ago and it's so much fun.

    Okay, first of all you've made me feel so much better about my children storing their shoes in the back of the van. Actually, all four of them take off their shoes in the car so the floor is one big shoe store. I guess it's convenient. You know, one step getting ready out of the way.

    And I used to watch "This Old House", or TOH and we affectionately refer to it, with my dad too. It was the only home improvement show on at the time and when there was a marathon...well, happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Look at all your pictures on here! You crazy girl! ;) Those are some interesting facts about yourself. I, too, share the toilet paper quirk. Luckily, my husband does too. No one will laugh if you post pictures up of your living room. I just posted a picture of a baseball bat on my mantle--it can't get much worse than that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. trust me when i say... my living room is so bad! i mean, my flipping tv is on a teeny tiny black laminate fiberboard entertainment stand. not even an entertainment center. a stand. blah! i hate it.

    i'm gonna post a few pictures of what our living room looked like before we bought the house (and thus had someone else's ugly furniture and layout) for the sake of showing 'architecturally' what the room looks like, and then maybe i'll create a little drawing of the room too, to get advice

    ReplyDelete