Monday, April 19, 2010

never forget

So many of my facebook friends are saying "I can't believe it has been 15 years"... but I know there is another side... a side that KNOWS it ahs been 15 years... 15 years since they kissed their momma goodbye before school, 15 years since their sweet daughter called to check on them before heading off to work at her new job, 15 years since holding that sweet baby boy, 15 years since he could keep from feeling scared to go to work... think of what has happened in the last 15 years of your life... for me, I completed high school, college, got married, started my first job, and had 3 babies. Lost my nana and papa. Traveled to Tennessee, Texas, Louisiana, Colorado, New Jersey, New York, Canada, Jamaica, Mexico, Pennsylvania & Minnesota. In other words, I've lived quite a lot of life in the last 15 years. My heart is especially with the Enoch/Alexander family who lost their sister/wife/mother. They have lived 'a lot of life' in the last 15 years without her.

And my prayers are with the perpetrators and their families. I can't imagine the pain, guilt and remorse they feel.



Never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment